- Editor Rating
- Rated 3.5 stars
- Very Good
- Reviewed by:
- Published on:
- Last modified:
- EffectivenessEditor: 70%
- Speed of ResultsEditor: 80%
- SafetyEditor: 85%
- PriceEditor: 60%
What Is Torrent?
Torrent Post-Workout Supplement is a product of The Universal Company. It’s designed to enable you to feed your muscles with carbohydrates, proteins, and amino acids. That’s immediately after a bodybuilding session. The supplement is advertised as the “ultimate muscle growth activator” that will allow you to take your muscle building game to the next level. Torrent is also good for post-workout recovery as it provides tons of the important nutrients your muscles need to repair. This review looks at the ingredients of this post-workout supplement, benefits and also its cons.
Torrent post-workout supplement consists of 14 elements. During this review, we sampled the benefits of these ingredients immediately after finishing muscle building workouts.
Let’s look at what they are:
- Waxy Maize – Torrent consists of waxy maize. This complex starch is a product of corn. It’s high in amylopectin which is a polysaccharide. It’s then converted to glycogen and helps your body to sustain energy levels.
- D-glucose – D-glucose is a type of sugar. It’s a primary source of energy for our bodies.
- Hydrolyzed Whey – It’s a form of whey protein that’s predigested. It speeds up the digestion and the absorption of food substances in your body.
- Maltodextrin – It’s a carbohydrate that’s fast digesting. It’s used in the Torrent Post-Workout Supplement to replenish your glycogen levels.
- Creatine Monohydrate – It also consists of 500ml of this molecule. It increases your body’s lean mass, power, stamina and strength. It also supports ATP production.
- Leucine Ethyl Ester HCl – BCAA Leucine that’s bonded to an ester. It enables your body to improve its bioavailability and helps to stimulate your body muscle protein synthesis.
- N-Acetyl Leucine – BCAA Leucine’s acetylated form. It improves your body absorption levels, which leads to the increase in muscle protein synthesis and also recovery.
- Leucine Alpha Ketoglutarate – This ingredient is leucine that’s bonded to ketoglutaric acid. It helps your body to improve its bioavailability, which is an effort to increase the muscle protein synthesis.
- Glutamine-alpha-ketoglutarate – This ingredient is glutamine that’s bonded with alpha-ketoglutarate (AKG). It helps to prevent the breakdown of glutamine prematurely in your stomach. That’s because it leads to utilization by muscles and also increased bioavailability.
- PhenylalanineIt’s – An amino acid that supports dopamine production. It also aids in the production of other neurotransmitters that improves your overall mood and focus.
- Citrulline Malate – This ingredient is a combination of malic and citrulline acid. It helps to improve the body’s nitric acid production and also buffers lactic acid in your body. That enables you to increase your endurance and vasodilation levels.
- Creatine Gluconate – This ingredient is creatine that’s bonded to a molecule of glucose. It allows your body to increase the uptake of creatine in the muscles.
- Magnesium Creatine Chelate – It’s a form of creatine that’s bonded to magnesium. It enables your body to improve digestion and bio-availability. It leads to greater efficacy when compared to creatine monohydrate.
- Leucine – It’s one of the 3 branched amino acids. It’s responsible for the stimulation of Muscle Protein Synthesis (MPS).
Universal has released another great product. It’s a must try as I found out. It’s an effective supplement but also one that needs slight improvements. Below is how we at Muscle Bash felt about Torrent’s different aspects.
- Ingredients – Torrent’s ingredients are top notch. I especially loved the various forms of leucine. Another factor I found appealing in this section is the many forms of creatine. That’s compared to other products that use watery creatine monohydrate.
- Taste – The Supplement has 4 flavors. They are the green apple avalanche, sour citrus rush, vanilla whey and cherry berry blast. I loved the cherry berry blast. That’s because the others tended to be a bit bitter.
- Mixability – I found that torrent doesn’t mix too well. That’s because it tended to be foamy, which means you have to gallop some foam. My advice is serving it into a blender with water, for example, 20Oz.
- Dosage – My advice is you take at least three scoops after your workouts. That’s with 20Oz of water.
- Effectiveness – This supplement is one of the best you can take after workouts. That’s because I found myself pumped up with energy immediately after taking the above dosage. You will experience not a drop in energy levels, only increases. I also didn’t experience stomach issues. I gained some lean mass, not immediate, but after further dieting and training. It’s a top contender in the post-workout supplements.
- Value – Depending on your budget, Torrent Post-workout Supplements can be either expensive or budget friendly. For regular bodybuilders, it’s expensive unless there are some discounts running. During clearance sales, it should retail at +-$58. If you train at least 5 days a week, one tub should last you 3 weeks.
One downside of the Torrent Post-Workout Treatment is its low protein levels. I had to purchase extra whey to boost my protein intake. Its 20 g of protein isn’t enough for muscle building. $40 isn’t cheap. That’s considering you have to purchase extra Whey to boost your protein intake.
Price and Shipping
Universal is a brand with a lot of history. They have a decent line of products for all aspects of your workout. Their prices, however, are not modest. Most of their supplements are pretty expensive compared to the competition. And it’s not like they offer any super effective hardcore bodybuilding supplements. No, they offer pretty regular products that can be found everywhere. For me, their high prices remain a mystery.
Torrent price is $34.48 for 3.28 lb and $59.99 for 6.1 lb which is quite pricey. Universal is a pretty old brand with a lot of roots in bodybuilding. But since then, a lot of new supplement and legal steroids manufacturers have come up. The competition is pretty intense and you can easily find another supplement that is great at muscle building and recovery at a lower price. I advise Universe to reconsider their prices and perhaps attempt to cut some of their production costs if possible.
As far as availability goes, you can order Universal online from their website or various other online stores. US bodybuilders will be able to save some cash on shipping. Sadly, but not surprisingly, bodybuilders outside US may have to spend some extra on shipping fees.
Torrent Post-Workout Supplement is a top notch product. Its downside is its low protein content and sweetness in the flavor department. I recommend you try this fabulous supplement during bodybuilding to increase your muscles. One thing I will remind you is to purchase extra vanilla whey.
Other than that, Torrent is one good post-workout supplement. The formula is very potent and effective that will help bodybuilders build good quality muscles pretty fast.